· Catch a big fish in Washington State or Surrounding waters!
· You must be a current PSA Sno-King member to enter this contest and must have a current paid membership at the time of catching the fish.
· For the Kids Division, the child must be 15 or under at the time the fish is caught. All the same rules apply as the Adult Division.
· Fish must caught by hook and line angling only, in accordance with current WDFW fishing regulations.
· The fish must be hooked, fought and landed by a PSA Sno-King member (except netting, harpooning or gaffing). The member may have help fighting the fish only by another PSA Sno-King member in which case both members names will be placed on the plaque as co-winners. The Club will provide only one plaque. Additional plaques will have to be paid for by participants and will have to be requested at time of submission.
· If fishing outside of Washington State, you must launch and land your boat on the same day at a Washington State boat launch and you must follow the regulations for that particular jurisdiction.
· Fish not caught legally will be disqualified.
· The fish must be one of the species listed below.
· You may place in more than one division, but not place more than once in each division.
You may upgrade your fish in each division.
· The decisions of legality, length, and weight will be final and binding and determined by the PSA Sno-King Board of Directors. If a board member is entered in any of the divisions top 3 fish they will not be allowed to influence any decision regarding legality if a dispute arises in that particular division.
For entries, please read the following:
SALMON (length and girth)
Provide pictures showing a tape measurement of overall length and girth on chinook or coho salmon. Length should me measured from tip of the mouth to the tip of the tail and the numbers on the tape must be readable. Girth should be measured by circling the tape snugly around the salmons mid-section just in front of the dorsal fin with the numbers on the tape readable at the intersect point on the tape. The fish must be laying flat on the deck when measuring! If the fish is hanging it may be disqualified.
These measurements will be used to estimate and verify the fish weight. Please also provide an accurate weight. All Salmon will be calculated at the weight based on the length/girth calculator on Piscatorial Pursuits. This calculation is not always accurate but all salmon will be weighed using this method for 2018. Your actual scale weight may differ from these results!
Here is the link to the PP calculator:
Examples of pictures for submittal:
Length – the tape must be readable.
Girth – the tape must be readable.
HALIBUT and LINGCOD (length only)
Provide a picture of the overall length from tip of the mouth to the tip of the tail on halibut and lingcod. The fish must be laying flat on the deck when measuring and the tape must be readable! If the fish is hanging it may be disqualified.
Please provide an accurate weight if possible. Halibut and lingcod will be rated by a length measurement chart to determine weight. Weight charts are on the contest home page.
Examples of pictures for submittal:
Halibut – the tape must be readable.
Lingcod – the tape must be readable.
ALBACORE TUNA (length)
Provide a picture of the overall length from tip of the mouth to the FORK (center) of the tail on albacore tuna. The fish must be laying flat on the deck when measuring and the tape must be readable! If the fish is hanging it may be disqualified.
Please provide an accurate weight if possible. Albacore Tuna will be rated by a length measurement chart to determine weight. The weight chart is viewable on the contest home page.
Example of picture for submittal:
Albacore – to the FORK in the tail – the tape must be readable.
We will need a photo in .jpeg format showing the fisherman holding the fish to place on the award plaques. Take lots of pictures – portrait or landscape both work fine on a plaque.
Please email all pictures to Tom Drews at the following address:
Awards will be for the 3 biggest fish in each division.
Each fish category will have a raffle drawing for some cool gear! Make sure you enter fish into each category for your best chance to win some gear.